Thursday, May 24, 2012

Now we're really a farm...



A couple weeks ago I planted our vegetables...something I've never done before. But what better place to get fresh, organic produce then your own back yard! Our yard is pretty small, and the dogs need the space to play {and I also know they'd run right through my garden}, so I planted everything in pots. This year we are trying lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, red peppers and tomatoes. The lettuce, red peppers and tomatoes were plants, the other two I'm growing from seeds. This could either be a great experiment or a big failure! But I figured it was worth a try! Growing vegetables in pots is a great way to grow if you have limited space, or if you don't have any ground space. My stargazer lillies are really doing well and it's time for them to be relocated. I love these flowers, they are so fragrant and beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment