Monday, March 12, 2012

Crafty Like a Fox

I've really been getting into a lot of crafts, DIY and upcycling lately. It's fun, and a nice way to be creative and get a good use out of materials we might usually toss. And it's great to change items that might need a more updated look! So...here goes..
This is a used tin can. Clean, dry, cut a piece of wrapping paper to size and glue it on. Makes a great pen holder. I'm also going to make one for my makeup brushes and one for James' toiletries. For those, I think paint would be better because of the moisture.
 I found these frames from IKEA for such a bargain. But I didn't like the unfinished wood look.
 A can of spray paint fixed that!
 My new colored frames
Now up on the wall with photos of loved ones! I really love this monochromatic look. And because this is just a temporary place, and we're not painting, we need to make the walls pop somehow!

No comments:

Post a Comment