Thursday, April 19, 2012

Crafty Like a Fox

Recently I've been doing a lot of crafts and DIY projects that I wanted to share with everyone. The first has been pretty popular around the craft/DIY world as of late...the yarn wreath. I was AMAZED at how easy this project was. Take a look...

SUPPLIES:
Foam wreath form (of any size)
Yarn (of any other color/texture)
Adornments
Ribbon
Glue (I used super glue)

Start by tying the yarn around the wreath form, leaving the knot and in the back of the wreath. Continue to wrap the yarn around the wreath, making sure there  are no gaps. This can be a little time consuming, so be prepared! By the way, you can use multiple colors, or leave gaps and even paint the seen area. For me, I just like the uniform yarn look. Once you're happy with the look and the yarn is wrapped around the entire wreath, tie in a knot and cut off the excess string. That was the hard part! Now glue on the embellishments wherever your heart desires. I don't have a glue gun, so I just used super. It's really important to make sure you press the embellishments on so they stick. Lastly, choose a corresponding ribbon and tie on! Now you're done! Here's mine...






No comments:

Post a Comment