Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Great Outdoors

The weather around Stuttgart has been getting better...finally. Nearly all the snow is melted, and yesterday it actually reached 57 degrees! With all this sun I can't help but get excited for spring, and anxious to start my flower beds and vegetable gardens!
This past Sunday, with the sun shining and the thermometer stretching up to 55, we christened our new outdoor fire pit, put on some music, and enjoyed the backyard for a bit. And I do mean a bit. The sun started going down, it got cold! Perhaps we were a little premature...but sun for two days in a row after the grayest winter in German history calls for a little celebration! But when I noticed I could see my own breath, we packed things in!
Fingers crossed that the weather doesn't dip back into the freezing temps, and a beautiful spring is right around the corner!





No comments:

Post a Comment