Monday, February 11, 2013

Paleo Chicken Salad

Even before I started eating mostly Paleo I hated mayo...come on, it's gross. But I do love chicken salad, and not the chicken salad that you scoop and it stays in the shape of the scooper...yep, you know what I'm talking about, and it's disgusting!
This Paleo Chicken Salad is super duper easy, and extremely filling, oh, and not to mention.. delicious! It's 5 ingredients...possibly 6, but that's easy. And NO MAYO..not ever!
Here it goes:

Ingredients:

2 organic, free-range boneless, skinless chicken breasts (pre-baked)
1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup of grapes (any color, I prefer purple, they aren't as sweet, and they add a pop of color)
2-3 stalks of celery diced
black pepper for seasoning (optional)
4-5 drops of fresh lemon or lime juice (optional)

Directions:

So once you've cooked your chicken breasts (I eat them on the daily, so usually cook 5 at a time, seasoned with a little black pepper), dice the chicken into larger chunks (bite-size).
Slice of your celery stalks, whatever size works for you.
Cut and mash your avocado
Slice up your grapes.. I 1/2 mine, but my husband prefers them 1/4...to me that's just more work.
Throw everything in a bowl and mix, the avocado binds everything together. Add lemon/lime juice and a little black pepper and eat!
BOOM! How easy is that?!
I eat mine on it's own or served over some fresh romaine or spinach. This is a quick, easy lunch, especially if you make it ahead of time. Keeps me full for hours.
Enjoy! And did I mention mayo is gross?!

No comments:

Post a Comment